- In blender, grind 1 cup flax seed.
- In food processor, grate 1 large white onion.
- Remove shredder disc and replace with plastic mixing blade.
- Pour flax into food processor bowl on top of grated onion.
- In blender, liquify
- 1 carrot (cut into 1″ pieces)
- 2-4 stalks celery (cut into 1″ pieces)
- 1 large garlic clove
- 2 T olive oil
- 1/2 t salt, dash of cayenne
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups water – enough to process
- Add liquid from blender to food processor.
- Process with plastic mixing blade for 3-5 minutes or until the mixture is smooth and homogeneous, like well kneaded dough.
- Spread the batter on teflex dehydrator sheets 1/2 inch thick.
- Dehydrate at 115 F for 12-15 hours until ‘dry’ but flexible.
- Store in frig in airtight container.
Sandwich: eat with avocado, sprouts, cheese, mustard.
Snack: slather with olive oil, garlic and olives – or dip in olive-garlic oil.
Pizza: put back in dehydrator for an hour or two with a layer of tomato sauce and finely sliced veggies.